Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lovin' it!

One of my friends from school was kind enough to write me up a training schedule for the race. I got it this past Wednesday, and counted out the weeks to see where I am, thinking I still had 2 or so weeks before I started the program...I'm already in my 3rd week!!!! Not only that, but I have not been logging nearly the miles I should have been for this program. Luckily this week is a little easier one, so I have a week to get on track. Looking at it right now, I think I'm going to have to taper into it over the next two weeks. I really do not think I can go full steam ahead into this right away. This week I'm at 24 miles, next weeks I'm supposed to run 40 miles. That is a double in mileage that I don't think I can handle. Besides, we learned that about a 10% increase in mileage a week it about the max to prevent injuries, such as stress fractures. I wouldn't want to go against what the all knowledgeable doctors at my school teach, because we know they know EVERYTHING!

In an attempt to get on track, I am going to shorten one or two of the runs during the week to a more manageable distance, but keep the long run on Saturday. This week it is an easy 6, but next week...14. WHEW! I cant wait to do it though.

One more week of classes left, forever!!! I am even more excited about that. So, I have 2 days of classes, 2 weeks of exams, and clinic throughout this time, then I am officially a FOURTH year! So excited! No moee classes to drag my butt to, no more class exams to cram for, just clinic/rotations, reading articles and books so I can be somewhat knowledgeable on externships, and thats about IT! I do have boards 2 next march, but that is something I study for by learning in clinic. It is all coming to an end, the boring part of school that it. The rest of it is exciting, and I can't WAIT!

I think thats all for now. So pull up a chair and have a big helping of blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment