Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Outside!

So my run today was outside...and I LOVED it! Every second of it was a joy! I can't wait until this is the case for a long time. No more snow...please!

I went out from school and went to the bike path that is near by. The side walks were clear, the roads were clear, but the path was MUDDY, and still had a ton of snow/ice on it. Made for a very difficult run. But I had a secret weapon!

I just bought a new ipod shuffle. Man that thing is awesome. I also bought some new headphones. They are super light. The whole setup was amazing! I could not even tell I was wearing anything, except for the lovely music strumming through my ears. I must that Kim for showing me the way to good running music. Gentle, easy going, guitar vocally Mraz/Johnson style stuff. Man was this an amazing run. 7 miles later and covered in mud, my legs were tired from catching myself all the time on the ice, but my mind was refreshed. It was like I was just lost in the wilderness, lost in my head. Thinking thoughts of the future, thoughts of the past, of all my great friends, and how every one of them (whether they know it or not) have helped me so much to get through school, and to where I am today...

Happy.

That is all I can think of. Despite school and all its nonsense, and the aweful distance between Kim and myself, and all the other stuff I think I'm bogged down with, I am truelly happy. Thanks everyone.

Hmmmmm...Well, I have clinic early in the morning, and I have this feeling it is going to be awefully boring. But what can ya do, put the time in, once its through be done with it. Right? On that note, I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment