Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Feed me!

So I know I teased you a bit yesterday, but I'll feed you baby birds! This weekend I was down in the good ole B. Remember lesson 1 I learned a while back? Well... You can forget that one! I drove down after a late day at clinic, and arrived around 12 or so. Next morning while Kim was at work I went for a run.

Let me tell you all about this run! I was schedule to go 14 miles. So, before I left I mapmyrun.com'ed a few routes trying to find a good one. While I was doing that I was picturing the scenery as I was mapping. I realized something, B-town is really hilly, especially when you're running. I settled on a run to and all around campus, was going to end up around 12.5 miles. A touch shy, but good enough. As I was running with my new ipod, listening to my new style of music to run to (thanks Kim) I really began enjoying the run. I enjoyed it to the point of not even realizing I was attacking all these hills. Leaving nothing but devastation in my wake. Not really, but it sure felt like it. I ran by a bunch of my old buildings where I had class. Ran by where I'd meet up with people before I'd go study, by study I mean we'd udually end up at the bar to get afternoon drunk. Ran near my old houses, my old dorm, the track (both indoor and outdoor). All these happy memories came back and I was smiling the whole time. I cannot wait to get back down there, full time. Mostly to spend it with Kim, but also because I love that town! I extended my run because I was feelin real good. Got back to Kim's house, and stopped my watch. 1:38. Not bad. Then I remembered I extended the run, re-mapped it. 13.5 miles! Thats even better! Here is the best part about the whole thing, not all the memories, not being so happy, not the length I ran...but how good I felt when I got back. I felt like a million bucks! I really think my mood during the run helped a lot, but I feel like a true runner now! All this, the day after a long drive. Lesson UN-learned.

Now I'm back in the Cleve. Grumpy. Cold. Test taking-y. Gross. BUT, this is my last set of exams and it is going to feel great when I am through with it. So today was trauma final. Could I have moved my high B up to an A? Sure. But that would have required a lot of studying, and I wasn't having it. At all. So I crammed and slid by, and kept my B. After the test I came home and took the best nap. I didnt wanna get up! But then, for whatever reason, my apt. got to something like 458 degrees, so I woke up. Headed out to the gym for my daily run. 7 miles later, I still feel good! I'm now on track for my marathon training regimen. Not only that, but I am at 79 days, and I feel GREAT! I already know theres going to be a big drop in milage after the marathon, but I have to say, as good as I feel, I'm not gonna stop the everyday thing. That and I am going to make it a year.

Anyway, thats all, baby birds. Did I feed you enough? I'll have a ton more goodies for you in a few days. Until then, keep up the pace! Now I'm gonna go crust on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be my inspiration for training for a marathon, you crazy runner! I was starting to get good mileage, but sadly I went away last week and ended up super sick... once I get better though its back to the gym and back to running to rack up the mileage in preparation!

    PS Lets see if you figure out who this is... haha, its not hard if you read my blog :)

    ReplyDelete