Monday, February 2, 2009

Feelin' better!

So as the title says, I'm starting to feel a ton better. The energy level has come back up, so has the eagerness to beat myself up. I learned a little something on my jaunt to B-town... While running on a treadmill is a great way to log some miles, it is NO comparison to running outside. The weather in the B was great so I did my runs outside, 2 miles was all I could get! The variation in hills, the wind, everything made it a ton harder. Lesson #2 learned, don't think that if you can run easily on a treadmill that you can run nearly that far or fast outside!

P.S. I can't wait for the weather to break so I can start running outside.

So some great news came my way tonight! Kim got her very own lil 5 team! YAY! She is the proud coach of the Grey Goats, a guys team. They seem to have quite a bit of talent, they placed 12 last year with 3 riders! The name is awesome too! Sounds like I picked the name. So that means Kim is probably going to start riding a ton soon, which means I'm going to have to so I can go on rides with them when I come down, that is if they'll allow me. Kim expressed a little concern about coaching guys. I just told her to beat them senseless, and they'll love it! haha. Any workout, abuse them. Sounds good to me! I think they're a very lucky team to have Kim as the coach. Her experience, knowledge, and drive will help them achieve their goals. No question about it. Good luck to Kim, and her team! Anything I can do please ask!

This weekend Kim and I went on our "first" real date since we've started dating. I picked her up, gave her flowers, the whole nine yards! We went to THE BEST steakhouse in Btown, Janko's. It was a great dinner. Then we met some people out and had an absolute blast! It made me really excited to be done with school so we can spend a lot more time doing things like that. The time is coming Kim, I promise it wont be like this forever.

I started my last month of clinic rotation this month. I'm excited about it, I just dropped the ball a bit today with presenting the patient to the attendings. OOPS. I also asked for a little time to get my bearing back in clinic as my group has treated a patient for school since October or something. A little rusty, to say the least. I am for sure. They seemed to understand. This month is going to be rough. I have 2 exams tomorrow. Then the last 2 weeks we have 8 or 9 exams. Brutal. I think we can all make it through. Anyway, that about it.

1 comment:

  1. I've been with Matt now 6 1/2 years and I don't think we've EVER been on a date like that ;) hehe, nice work. What's Janko's.. new? and better than Little Zagrib's?

    ReplyDelete