Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm Back

So after such a rough day trying to run on Friday, Saturday was much much better.  I have to say I think it was the drive that caused the bad day.  Im definitely going to remember this for the future.  If I plan on running a race or something, I have to be there 2 days earlier, not one day.  That aside, I had a great run on saturday.  Ran a warm up for 10 minutes.  Nothing crazy fast, but a good pace, got a good sweat.  Then for the next 10 minutes I alternated 1 minute at 9.5 then the next minute to recover at 7.5.  then a cool down of 3 minutes as slow as you need to go, increasing the incline.  5.0,7.5, 10.0.  Then shook out the legs with a final run at the same speed as the warmup.  Today, I feel great!  Legs are just a little bit tight which is the sore feeling I love having.

My wonderful girlfriend is in Phoenix running the Rock and Roll Marathon as I type this.  I am thinking about her and her brother, pushing them onto another successful completion of a marathon.  I'll have to get back to you with how many they've done.

On to the final subject.  Ive had this blog up for not even a month, Ive been doing my mile a day for 48 days, and I am SHOCKED with how many people have been inspired to start the same program, or to take a new approach to life.  One with a much healthier approach.  Several people in my class have started it.  A friend from my hometown started it.  My friend and wife of an old roomie from college is using this blog as inspiration.  It makes me really happy that I can help people do this.  The idea that I'm inspiring people to be healthier, and in turn happier is making me want to just keep going with my health.  Anyone with a comment, please feel free to comment on a post, share your own story, post a like if you have a blog.  Whatever your doing, keep doing it, and I'll keep the post coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment