Friday, January 16, 2009

Rough day

So I drove back to Rock-vegas for the weekend to surprise the parental units.  Long drive, long night, but I made it.  Only took one extra hour for weather so I'm not too upset about that.  What I am upset about is the stupid expressway situation through Chicago.  I need to look at a map or something.  Every time I have ever driven through Chi from east to west I always get sucked into the stupid Dan Ryan, or the crappy Skyway.  I, for the life of me, cannot navigate my way to the one that goes right by Woodfield Mall, ya and lets me skip all that traffic that constantly plugs up all other options. My west to east navigation skills are far superior and I can find my way just dandy.

So I was able to sleep in a bunch.  I was up at 9:30, which in my mind was 10:30 and I felt great.  Last night I was talking all kinds of awesome, entertaining the idea of running 13.1 today, a long run.  So I went to the gym around 10, got on the treadmill, and it was terrible.  My legs were heavy, my lungs were slow, nothing was right.  I immediately changed my distance goal to around 4 miles.  Huge drop, I know.  But come 1.5 miles, an old guy came up to the mill next to me and started walking.  Then it hit me...An oder that was just overwhelming.  Cologne.  Man it was wretched.  I had to stop within .25 miles of him arriving.  It was bad.  Oh well.  It was a sad run anyway.  So I decided to lift a ton instead.  Now I feel much better about the lack of a long run.

I think beer and pasta from Maria's will make for a much more successful run tomorrow... Yea right.

No comments:

Post a Comment