Thursday, January 29, 2009

Been a rough one

So, once again it has been a while since my last post, but I assure you I am back. I have been logging some serious miles and yesterday and today I have been paying for it. Saturday was a fast-ish five miles, Sunday was an hour at whatever pace I could maintain (which by the way ended up being 7.5 miles), Monday I went 2 miles in 14 min, Tuesday was another 2 mile day but at 13:30. So I'm getting plenty of miles in, and I'm also getting a ton faster, especially when compared to my old December running shape. Yesterday, it hit me. I got one mile in...uuuhhhhg. One and a half miles (seemed like 45 minutes later) double uhhhhhg. So I only went 1.75. Had to stop.

Today I feel even worse. My body is just absolutely beat. I am tired, sore, and CONSTANTLY HUNGRY!!! I think right now is the hump. I thought it was the first 3 weeks of this endeavor, but now I think its right now. Increasing miles, increasing speed, losing all kinda of time because school.

School, ridiculous. I did however pass my radiology rotation! There were 6 questions on it, and you HAVE to get 100% on it to pass. I have never sweat 6 questions so much in my life. I made it through though. That looks funny, I'm sure there is something grammatically incorrect about that, but "through though". Again, I digress.

So today I wanted to go to my first class, Trauma, then skip the rest of the day of school and surprise Kim by arriving 5 hours before she ever thought I'd be coming. But there is a STUPID quiz scheduled for this afternoon, and I cannot afford to miss it. Surgery was the worst of all my midterms, so I have to get all the points I can to keep my B. The worst part about it is the Trauma and Surgery classes got switched last second so I have already sat through surg, and NOT got the quiz. Lame-o.

Well, this is where I sign off. I am going on one of my regular trips to Bloomington to see Kim. I will try and not let it get so long between posts next time. Mybe I'll try and be funny soon too, but probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment