Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back? Maybe...

So I've been able to run a bit more these past few days. Just a bit thought. Lets not get too excited here. I have run 5k yesterday and today. It was HARD! Harder than Id like it to be. I think this means it is coming back. I just have to be careful I don't push it too hard and hurt myself. So instead of 20 this Saturday, I think I'm gonna limit it more to around 10. Then next week I'll shoot for about 15. Which means I'm still pretty far behind in training, but hey! Nothin' like a little challenge! I'm happy the miles are starting to come back. One the other hand I'm a little upset they're coming back so slowly. My legs just feel heavy around the 1.5-2 mile mark and I drag another mile out of them... Barely.

On another note, I did lift today. That made me feel real good! You know what I lifted? The pretty muscles. Thats about all I lift, really. I dont have any need to squat or bench. I want the pretty "spring break" muscles as we called them back in the IU track days. I'm sure the running would come a little faster if I did lift legs, but lets face it, who likes squatting? I hate it. So I solved that by just not doing it anymore.

On another another note, for dinner tonight I had a grilled cheese (Yes, with mustard) and a bowl of chili. Man, I always forget how good those are. And yes, I do put mustard on grilled cheese now. Kim, you have shown me the light!

What am I even rambling about anymore? Who knows. I think the particular attending I'm working for right now for school is rubbing off on me. I can feel myself getting dumber everytime I even see the guy. I look at him, I get dumber, which means I forget stuff I've paid a lot of money to learn in school, which means I'm losing money, which means someone owes me a refund! I think I'll write a letter to my school asking for a bigger refund check, either them or Obama. I hear he's just dishin' it out as fast as they can print it. Maybe my plea can get some of us poor saps with way too much student debt some help? I dunno. Just a thought.

Alright, I've rambled enough. Catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment