Monday, March 9, 2009

Whew!

So I'm back in Cleveland after a wonderful weekend with Kim over at my parents house in R-hole.  Kim had CME course she went to in Chicago, and had the idea to visit my parents because we hardly ever get to. So we had a blast.

While I was home I went to the local Bally's with my mom.  It was hilarious!  Shes never been on a treadmill before so I had to help her get it set up and give her some pointers on how to walk on them... Like you walk any other time.  It just made me laugh, then I thought back to my first time running on a treadmill.  I was a little awkward myself.  Then we talked about those elliptical machines... Don't even get me started on those things.  Both Mom and I agree we feel 100% gimpy on those.  It seems like my brain no longer has the ability to talk to my limbs in a smooth pattern as soon as I step onto one.  Needless to say I don't even try them.  So I went 3 miles on the mill on saturday.  The other days I used to walk the dog with Kim on friday and Mom on sunday.

I still have this nagging cough that will NOT relinquish its grip on my throat.  I guess it hasn't been that long.  It still annoys me.  So I was looking at my training schedule, I'm supposed to run 20 this saturday... How about NO?  haha.  I think that would be an invitation to an injury.  Im gonna try and bang out 10 miles.  Far, but not too far.  Then I've gotta work my butt off to try and get back onto track with the training plan.

School is SO much better now that I don't have classes.  Its just clinic and CPCs, which are mini classes.  A small group of 7 of us talk with an attending for a set amount of time, in which they teach us... stuff.  This month the CPCs are all about radiology.  There is so much stuff I've forgotten from class.  It is coming back, but slowly.  Next month I'm going to San Diego!!!  Really excited about it.  The program I'm visiting out there is supposed to be excellent, lots of surgeries, lots of clinical experience, and that means lots of learning!  That and it IS in San Diego!  Whats not to like?

Well, Ive got a ton of reviewing to do before I run today.  I'm thinkin its gonna be an attempted 5 mile day.  We'll see how the body feels, and what that means for how far I run.  Later

No comments:

Post a Comment