Saturday, March 14, 2009

Today

So today was a 20 mile day which I said I was reducing to a 10 mile day, but I woke up this morning and did not have 10 miles in me.  Emotionally I was already beat.  So I ran a little over 5.  I felt great physically, and ran plenty fast through the whole thing, didn't have to walk at all, but my head just was not in it today.  I think I am truly getting tired of the winter gloom.  I need it to end, for my own sanity!

Here is the time where I get to brag a little bit about what happens in 2 weeks.  I get to escape the gloom of the midwest winter for wonderful San Diego!  I believe it's German for something.  So, neener neener.

I also was just told I haven't updated the number of days in a row.  Man, have I been slipping.  It has been a total of 104 days!  Yay me!  With all the 1 mile days, and factoring in the 14 mile days, lets see... carry the 2, drop down the square root, I've run about 450 miles through this time!  Loosely estimated.  Im very happy with that.  I have a good feeling that this summer will yield higher averages in miles a day.  I want to run, far, but I hate dressing for cold, starting cold, and the plethora of gloom.

Interesting side note, Wil, I saw the Goddess of War today while I was running.  She had huge gold wrist shackles forged in the fires of Hades and I swear I saw chains looping up her arms.  I'm only assuming they run to Blades of Fury she had tucked into a holster on her back somewhere.  I wonder if the 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee she was driving was assembled in the plant Aries himself built.  Sorry, everyone else if you don't get that one.  Wil and I had a little bout of addiction to a video game.  In my running mentality, I came up with this when I saw this woman, and it brought me a smile.

Thursday sure was long!  I had radiology CPC in the morning.  That was weird.  I think either the Doctor found a hatred for me, or he was just very grumpy.  He pretty much told me to be quiet 2 times, when I was trying to answer a question.  Actually, it was closer to a shut up, so that make me think he was just grumpy from his sickness.  Anyway, he let us out a little early, so I shot to the gym real quickly and put in a fast 3 miles.  I felt good!  I think I'm finally getting over that horrible sickness I had.  I can leave my death bed!  Then I met up with 2 others from my group at the old people home to bust some nails there.  Too bad we went to the wrong one.  We were supposed to be 20 miles across town.  DAMMIT!  If you know Cleveland at all you know trying to get anywhere takes entirely too long because the freeways ALWAYS seem to be far enough to be a pain in the ass to get to, but it would still take 5 times as long without them.  The 20 mile drive still took about 40 minutes because it took 20 minutes to get to the freeway.  See what I mean?  But we made it, and the doctor we were with (Dr. Caldwell) had enough time to cool off so he was happy by the time we got there.  Kinda funny.  So we made it, and then started to bust dem nails.  The 3 of us saw 50 some patients in around 4 or 4.5 hours.  It was madness!  Then I left right from there to come to B-town.  I made great time.  Just under 5.5 hours, and rolled in around 11:30.  Total time awake, WITHOUT a nap, 18 hours.  Very rare for me to be able to do that.  I need my sleep.  Course the 2 gallons of Mr. Pibb I drank probably helped.

Alright, here is where I sign off.  I need to shower.  The cold sweat stink I'm giving off is starting to make me light headed.  LAAAATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment