Monday, March 16, 2009

I have another fever...

BUT this time the only cure is more COWBE...wait a minute. Oh yea, more MILES!!

So, I'm gonna be honest with ya, Kim, again saved me. I was all down in the dumps, had a million and one things on my mind. I was pretty much Debby Downer. As always, Kim was there for me, listened and helped me get through the little bout of depression I was having.

Then I left Bloomington.

I had so much going on in my mind I missed my exit. If you're not familiar with Indianapolis, lemme break it down for ya. It has the 465 highway going all the way around it in a circle. I get on at about 6 o'clock, and my exit is around 2 o'clock. I missed 2 o'clock. Didn't realize I was no where near where I needed to be until around 11 o'clock on this wheel of confusion. I thought someone went through and changed all the signs on me! So I continued all the way around to 8 or so to get on the freeway I wanted to get on earlier. Long story short, I added about an hour to my drive. Wonderful. But, I made it safe and its all good.

Still have tons on my mind.

Go to my radiology thing this morning, with my running clothes on, ready to go. Weather was supposed to be 60... I'm pumped. Start my run. Get carried away on my run. Run 12 miles. Become happy Casey again! I didn't realize I need to run to be happy. Whats happening to me. I have to run farther than 5 miles to be happy! At least once a week. This sure is a weird feeling.

Have you ever heard where people get addicted to running. The endorphins or something happens to their heads where they just aren't themselves until they run. I think the miles go to their brain and they pretty much go crazy. That sure sounds familiar.

So the great news of the month. I can run again... FAR. I ran 12 miles in 1:30. I did make a water stop, and I also walked for at least 4 minutes. So, I'm not 100%, but I am getting there! When I was running, I was running plenty fast, my body just wasn't used to it. Soon enough.

Side note, I really need new shoes. My feet hurt today after this run. You know the tired, beat up feeling you get in your feet after a long day on them in either old or not proper shoes. Yea.

By the way, what is that aweful stench? Oh, I need a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment