Monday, March 30, 2009

Im here!

So, as always, I let myself get too wrapped up in doing a million other things than keeping you all posted. I'm sorry again. It's been over a week. :(

Had a very packed passed weekend! I drove over to the Ft. Wayner to meet up with Chris and Jackie. Hung out there for Thursday night, and we left on Friday to hit B-town to pick up Kim on the way to Louisville. We went down there to see Matt Kearney and Matt Nathanson in concert. They were great! Kearney put on an amazing setlist (minus the super annoying 13 year old girls that were there)! Then Nathanson came on, that guy is hilarious! If you ever get a chance to see him, GO! Great music, explaining where the songs came from, too funny, and the random chatter he was yackin about almost had me in tears! Very enjoyable.

Speaking of Louisville... JD, I believe the statement you made was something like, "The closest Casey is going to get to the buckle is if he steals my pants." I've gotta ask ya buddy, whats the weather like that far down in the standings? BOOOYA!

Enough of that. This nect month is going to be bittersweet for me. I am going to San Diego for the month. I'll be living with my sister and her hubby, and it's going to be great. But I also am in the position where I'm not going to be able to see Kim for over a month, including watching the team shes coaching woop some booty at Lil' 500. I'm really upset about it. I really want to be there for the race. Im also very nervous about the rotation, as it is my first, all I know is the basics they taught me in class, and the small amount I've read outside of class. Hopefully it'll be enough to get me started, and I'll learn a ton there. And I'm already nervous about the presentation I have to give while I'm out there, a 10 minute powerpoint about something, of my choosing.

Ive been runnin myself ragged trying to get everything tied up here before I leave for a month. Trying to clean my place, clean my car, and get my secret project for Kim done, all in by the end of this week. This could take me a month. A month I don't have. Ive got 25% 100% done, and the other 75% is 50% done. If that makes any sense. Scientifically proven, 60% of the time it works 100% of the time.

Now onto my running. Been keeping it going, but it's been rough. Short runs is all I've gotten in pretty much. I've been doing so many other things I'm running out of hours in the day to do my long runs. I've been able to average about 3 or 4 miles a day for the passed 2 weeks now. Not enough to be able to achieve my goal in the marathon. So I'm gonna keep the miles around 5 or so this week, then start really putting in the long runs in CA. I hope I have the time! I'll make it work though.

Well, I kinda caught you up to speed with me. I have a lot of stuff to get done over the next 4 days, then I leave. I'll be back before I leave, then once I get out there, I'm more than certain I'll have tons to talk about with you all. Catch ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Boooooo, you were in Fort Fun and we didn't see you?? Ah well, you said you were busy, I guess we'll forgive for now - but never forgotten ;)

    P.S. We have friends here named Chris and Jackie.... weird!!??

    ReplyDelete